We are a testing infrastructure company in web3 space, aiming to provide the best production ready staging environments for web3 companies so they can run full fledged integration tests, bug bashes, and collaborate easily between disparate team members.
The problem is challenging from both a product & technical perspective, and seeks to break new ground in how web3 teams work. Technically, you will be using your knowledge in traditional web2 systems, docker/kubernetes, cloud, and architecture to create a new primitive for web3.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the exciting world of distributed systems and web3 with a small, friendly, and intellectually curious team. Prior knowledge of web3 is not required.
What we value:
1. Clear communication: We want to optimize for speed and autonomy so being able to articulate your thoughts well is a must.
2. Transparency: We believe in an open/transparent culture and are happy to share the early work we’ve done to build conviction in this business.
3. Detail Oriented: You care about the little things when it comes to shipping product.
4. Ownership: You want to build something cool and own it.
5. Curiosity: This is an unbounded problem with room to experiment.
6. Earnestness: We don’t have all the answers as founders. We need people who will break problems apart.
7. Risk appetite: We're a super early-stage startup and there's some degree of risk associated. You should be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
Harbor is looking for a Senior Level Infrastructure Engineer to support the infrastructure that allows our platform to operate at a planetary scale, helping hundreds and thousands of developers run their Testnets. You’ll work with a small team of dedicated engineers to assure that our systems are healthy, automated, and secure.
• Design, build and maintain core cloud infrastructure that supports hundreds of thousands of concurrent users around the world.
• Investigate new tools and services, document your findings, contribute to engineering processes, and institutional knowledge.
• Collaborate with other engineers on improvements for both development and production environments.
• Contribute to continuous learning and share knowledge with other team members and across the engineering organization.
• Consider the impacts of your work through building quality code, testing patterns, code readability, and documentation.
What We're Looking For:
• You have comprehensive professional experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Linux in Azure.
• You have a familiarity, or strong interest in learning, Terraform, Docker, and serverless functions.
• You are able to undertake projects on your own, as well as pair with team members and share work across teams.
• You care about your coworkers and want to make their experience better.
• You’re excited about conducting complicated work behind the scenes without any interruption to our creators or backers.
Best market salary
Unlimited paid leave
Top notch equipment
Health / Dental insurance
Learning & development budget
Our interview process is designed to value your time and also optimised to ensure we bring the best talent. To ensure there's no bad surprises for you, here's what you can expect from us during the interview process:
• Round 1: Intro call with one of the founders (or both)
• Round 2: Comp. & benefits discussed before you move into the process
• Round 3: White boarding session or take home assignment
• Round 4: Final culture round with founders
How to apply:
If the role, responsibilities, and the product excites you, please send us your resume / portfolio at email@example.com
Or, if you know someone who'll be a great fit for the role, consider referring them on the same email. For every successful hire we make, we'll send you an iPad.