We are a testing infrastructure company in web3 space, aiming to provide the best production ready staging environments for web3 companies so they can run full fledged integration tests, bug bashes, and collaborate easily between disparate team members.
The problem is challenging from both a product & technical perspective, and seeks to break new ground in how web3 teams work. Technically, you will be using your knowledge in traditional web2 systems, docker/kubernetes, cloud, and architecture to create a new primitive for web3.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the exciting world of distributed systems and web3 with a small, friendly, and intellectually curious team. Prior knowledge of web3 is not required.
What we value:
1. Clear communication: We want to optimize for speed and autonomy so being able to articulate your thoughts well is a must.
2. Transparency: We believe in an open/transparent culture and are happy to share the early work we’ve done to build conviction in this business.
3. Detail Oriented: You care about the little things when it comes to shipping product.
4. Ownership: You want to build something cool and own it.
5. Curiosity: This is an unbounded problem with room to experiment.
6. Earnestness: We don’t have all the answers as founders. We need people who will break problems apart.
7. Risk appetite: We're a super early-stage startup and there's some degree of risk associated. You should be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
As an engineer focused on backend systems at Harbor, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones.
Own the end to end product lifecycle of identifying, designing, and building new features
Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Harbor's high technical quality bar
Write stable, high coverage test cases for features you ship
Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
What We're Looking For:
Experience working with a cloud provider (preferably AWS)
Experience working with Kubernetes/Docker/Golang/Bash
Experience working with Post gresql
Experience working with automation and testing in a cloud environment
Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development tools and large-scale design is highly desirable
Best market salary
Unlimited paid leave
Top notch equipment
Health / Dental insurance
Learning & development budget
Our interview process is designed to value your time and also optimised to ensure we bring the best talent. To ensure there's no bad surprises for you, here's what you can expect from us during the interview process:
• Round 1: Intro call with one of the founders (or both)
• Round 2: Comp. & benefits discussed before you move into the process
• Round 3: White boarding session or take home assignment
• Round 4: Final culture round with founders
How to apply:
If the role, responsibilities, and the product excites you, please send us your resume / portfolio at email@example.com
Or, if you know someone who'll be a great fit for the role, consider referring them on the same email. For every successful hire we make, we'll send you an iPad.